Monday, November 15, 2010

At least we think we're funny

I think I burned 6,000 calories this weekend because I laughed SO much!

On Friday night, my wonderful SIL Kenny bought us all tickets to see the Chelsea Handler show. She is one funny broad. Her crude sense of humor had us all laughing hysterically. My secret dream is to be a stand-up comedian, and going to her show reminded me why. I love making other people laugh, and I love seeing other people laugh. Laughing is contagious, and it's good for the soul.

I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with some college friends, where the laughing continued. We have this ability to repeat the same inside jokes over and over again, and they never get old or get less funny..... well, to us at least. In fact, we even joke that we could have a 2-hour long conversation that just consisted of quoting the last 5 years of inside jokes.

Inside jokes are awesome. To the outside world, it's a meaningless phrase. But to you, just repeating that nonsensical quote can elicit a slew of laughter.

Case in point: "Hellllo Dean!" To anyone else, that phrase means that I am saying hello to a friend named Dean. To my friends, that phrase means 5 minutes of uncontrollable laughing.

The other funny part about inside jokes is that when you try to explain to someone why something is SO funny.... no matter how hard you try, that person will never fully understand the true extent of the funny-ness. That's why I so often utter the phrase "You had to be there."

I think my friends are my friends because they can appreciate my sense of humor. I love corny, cheesy jokes, puns, plays on words, and I laugh at anything that's mildly funny. I can't help it! But my close friends are the same way. Hey, if you can't stand the cheese, get out of the dairy farm. <--- I made that up, I am hilarious!

So what's your funny???  i.e. What makes you laugh till you cry? The following two videos are my contenders for guaranteed laughs:




No comments:

Post a Comment