Thursday, January 27, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4

Day 4: Your parents

My parents are one-of-a-kind. They are very different in their own ways, but then also very similar in others.


My mom has always made me feel special. Even if I wasn't the best at something, she always made me feel like I was. I think a large part of my confidence comes from the encouragement my mom has shown me all my life. She has also accepted me, mistakes and all, and has allowed me to grow into the woman I am today. She also taught me how to cook and do laundry, and has been known on MANY occasions to do the "dirty work" for me when I've been faced with jobs I just really didn't want to do (i.e. this poor woman scraped paint off woodwork in our garage for hours on a Saturday and then went inside and cleaned my kitchen sink). If that's not love, I don't know what is!


This lovely man, known affectionately to my friends as "Rex" is the world's greatest storyteller. At 77 years young, my dad has lived his life to the fullest. He always relates what is happening now to a story that has happened in the past. He is someone who truly enjoys life. It makes me smile every time we go out to dinner, because each meal he eats he claims to be the "best meal of his life." I hope someday I can find joy in all of the little things in this world at even a fraction of the way my dad feels. Dad has also continuously encouraged me to achieve things in life, be them small or big. And he always tells me how proud he is of me, even when it's something that I don't find to be particularly interesting or worthwhile. He tells me all the time that he will always be my friend, and I wholeheartedly believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment