Friday, January 7, 2011

Countdowns

Since I was a wee little girl, I have been counting down. I am THAT girl who always knows exactly how many days there are between today and my birthday, the end of the school year, and any other momentous occasions. I promise you there was not one day that you could have approached me between May 2008 and May 2009 when I didn't know exactly how many days until our wedding. Yep. I love countdowns.

The skeptics out there are wondering.... "What's so great about a countdown??? All it will do is remind you how far away something is." Yes!! Exactly. I truly believe that the anticipation of a big event is at least half of what makes it so exciting.

Think about it: How many times have you had a big event to look forward to? You meticulously prepare everything necessary for said event. You enthusiastically talk about it over and over again with your friends. You get goosebumps just thinking about how it's going to be.

Sure, occasionally the big event is a let-down (JM- you know exactly what college event I'm talking about). But goshdarnit, we had a BLAST getting ready for it and I will never forget the memories that were created in the process. And since I am trying to be positive and optimistic about life, I am holding on to my countdowns because they make me happy and they help me to look forward and realize how many joyous and exciting things lie ahead of me.

On this blustery cold January day, all I can think about is that there are exactly 155 days until I'll be here:







I. CAN'T. WAIT.

(P.S. Anybody else have "The Final Countdown" in their head now??? Whoops, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment