Saturday, February 12, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: Nicknames

When I was younger, I was so jealous of my friends who could shorten their names. Jonathan = Jonny or Jon. Jessica= Jess. Lindsay = Lin. And so on. But you can't really shorten a 5-letter name all that well. So I was stuck with people calling me plain old "Audra."

After awhile, I realized how cool it was to have such a unique name. In my 26 years, I have met approximately 5 Audra's total. That's saying something, I think. Shoot, there's even a State Park in WV named after me!
When's the last time you had a grist mill named after you? I'm honored.
So, I don't have any nicknames, per se, but I do have names that my friends and family call me individually, that are unique to them. For example, I think it's been about 5 years since my friend JM has called me anything other than "Friend" i.e,. "Hi, friend!" or "Friend, we never talk anymore!" I think if she called me Audra that would actually sound weird.

I'm also called Sis, Sweetness, Pookie, Sprinkles, Darlin, and Hey You. But, if you know what's good for you, you will never EVER EVER called me Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment