Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm back

I've been sick all week, and it has taken a toll on my emotions and my immune system. But I'm back and ready to be my positive self! So here are some of the things that have made me smile this week:
Quinoa. I've just discovered this miracle of a food, and I AM HOOKED. I love the taste, I love the texture, and I love how good it is for you. Here is a breakdown of some of the reasons why you should love quinoa too:
  1. It's cheap. I bought it in bulk at the Bexley Natural Market, and $6 got me four full meals. And we're talking full, like Audra-sized meals.
  2. It's easy. Boil for 15 minutes. Sit for 5. Fluff and enjoy. Anyone (that means you, Jon!) can make it.
  3. You can eat it for breakfast or lunch. I'm not kidding. Quinoa can take on any form you want. You can eat it like oatmeal in the morning, in soup for lunch, or like couscous for dinner. How many foods can boast such versatility?
  4. But lastly, and most importantly, quinoa is so GOOD for you! According to foreverlookinggood.com, quinoa contains twice the protein of regular cereal grains, contains less carbohydrates, more healthy fats, fiber, phosphorus, calcium and is high in iron. It is a complete protein, which means it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs, just like meat, eggs and dairy. It can also help people with type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and may help those with cataracts, gallstones, and asthma. Does your Ramen do that??
Because I was laying on the couch/in bed for the last 3 days with nothing to do but feel sorry for myself, I've been hitting the Redbox like no one's business.

I'm so glad I rented 'Easy A' because I have finally found my long-lost sister: Emma Stone. This is a girl after my own heart. Her quips, her puns, her plays on words, her dorkiness.... OMG, We are the same person. I am now in love with her. Friends, go rent the movie, and I dare you to tell me we are not from the same bloodline.

Even though I've been stuck inside for the last few days, I am loving the warmer weather. Sunshine will always make me happy. I've said this before, but you will never catch me complaining about the heat. I hate being cold, so any chance for warmth is met with enthusiasm and excitement from me. Here comes the sun, and I say it's alright.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment