Friday, April 1, 2011

The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake

I do my most profound thinking in the shower.

Naturally, this morning 'Under the Sea' from the The Little Mermaid came into my head for no apparent reason. Well, I can think of a reason: I'm random. But you knew that. The other reason is, I've been thinking alot lately about how easy life seems for some people. I'll admit it.... sometimes I am envious of others. They have the house, the car, the wardrobe, the waistline or the bank account that I wish I had.

Some people's lives just seem so..... easy. Good things happen to them all the time, and I just wonder why I couldn't be so lucky.

But then I remember that I have "things" and, more importantly, people in my life that others don't and will never have. So I guess what I'm trying to say is.... things might seem easier for others, and it might seem unfair. But hey, this is the life I was given, and it wouldn't have been given to me if I couldn't handle it.

And just like one of my favorite quotes, know matter how good I think a person has it, they are most likely fighting a battle I know nothing about.

Sebastian the lobster was right. "Just look at the world around you, right here on the ocean floor. Such wonderful things around you, what more are you looking for??"

I swear, the people at Disney are geniuses.

2 comments:

  1. You are right! There are such wonderful things around us and we should feel lucky to have what we do have instead of focusing on what we don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote you're referring to - I never heard it until now. I had a similar revelation this year, and its had a huge impact on my life. Its so easy to think that you're all alone when you're facing challenges in life, when in reality, people around you are going through just as much. its interesting how difficulties can bring people together and create opportunities that would have otherwise never existed.

    ReplyDelete