Friday, May 27, 2011

What a difference a year makes

May 27, 2010.

Exactly one year ago today.... I found out I was going to be a mommy. I can't believe it's been an entire year. But at the same time, I feel like I've lived a lifetime since then.

On that beautiful sunny day, I had no way of knowing how things would turn out. I just remember feeling so happy, shocked, elated, nervous, and ready to bring the greatest blessing into our lives.

I thought my life was going one way, but God had different plans for me. So now we just get to see what happens with this new hand we've been dealt. However, I have no doubt that this path is the right one for me.

It's Memorial Day weekend, and with this holiday brings the promise of summer! I love the sun, sand, lemonade, swimming, beach balls, the smell of sunblock, and everything that goes along with the season. Instead of being sad and thinking about what might have been,  I am choosing to focus on the happy and exciting times that lie ahead of us, while always remembering the amazing gift we were given one year ago.
Happy Summer everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment