Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Link up with Jamie @ This Kind of Love
I'm loving...

my new car!!!! Yes, I got the Ford Escape (thanks to some wheelin' and dealin' from my mom) and it is AWESOME! This is my first SUV, so I was a little apprehensive about it at first. I didn't want to feel like I was driving a monster truck. But this little cutie is compact, so maneuverable, and feels sporty and rides really well. I LOVE being up high (I had no idea that I could use the ATM without having to open my car door for fear of scraping my skin off). I feel safe and secure in it, which is important when I'm about to carry the most precious cargo in it come December.

Speaking of my new car, I'm loving....

Bluetooth. Yes, I realize it's 2011 and Bluetooth is not a new concept. But holy cow, what an awesome feature. 2 seconds of syncing with my Droid (ok, 20 minutes and making the husband come help me), and now all I have to do is push a button on my steering wheel, say "Call Jon" and within seconds I can talk to him through the speakers of my car. No phone to my ear, no lame-looking earpiece. Just hands-free communication. Technology, I heart you.

I'm loving....

The One Day trailer. We read this book for book club, and I love both of these actors. It's weird to watch Anne Hathaway with an English accent, but I adore her, and I'm sure the movie will be awesome.



I'm loving...

wearing my husband's old shirts! Now that my belly is getting bigger, my old workout shirts aren't as cute or comfy. I wore this little number to the gym yesterday, and it was awesome. No belly peaking out, lots of room, good length, and super cozy (why is it that your husband's shirts always feel so much softer than your own?)
Strong like bull
Cozy and sweaty
And last, but certainly never least, I'm loving....

my daughter :) She's becoming much more active, especially at night right before bed, and it is the most amazing feeling in the world.

Jon got to feel her kick for the first time the other night, and I fell in love with him all over again. I know every woman probably says this about her husband, but I cannot imagine a better man to be the father of my children. He is just so happy and proud and excited about his little girl. We talk about her way too much... but it's okay. I can't imagine a more perfect Christmas gift :)

8 comments:

  1. YAY for a new car!! the last pic is so cute...have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great things to be happy about! I'm jealous of the bluetooth in the car and I can't wait to see One Day either AND you're such an adorable pregnant lady, hooray for kicking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my SUV! I've never driven anything but an SUV and now that you have one you will be the same way. You just can't go from being the high to that low ever again. lol. Kev has the bluetooth in his car and it makes me jealous! Do you also have the iPod sync feature. WOO that's a good one. And YAY for baby girl!!!!! I can't wait to meet her :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love the pics in the tee. Love the new car! And congrats on the baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I have a Ford Escape too & I love mine!!! :) I prefer to pronounce it Escap-ay. Like sort of with a Mexican accent? I don't know. It makes it sound more exotic I guess! Anyways, congrats on the new car! And hahaha your pictures in the mirror are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally pronounce it "Escap-ay" too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see that you're enjoying your Ford Escape. And I can understand why you're in love with it. The features are really nice, especially the Droid syncing feature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for your new car! This reminded me that I should really get a new car for myself, since the one I'm currently using is showing signs that it can't be used on long travels anymore. Oh and nice macho poses.

    ReplyDelete