Thursday, September 22, 2011

One year ago today

Dear Jack,

I just cannot believe it's been a year since we said goodbye.

I remember every single moment of our last day together. I truly believed that I would never be "okay" again. I could not see a future without you in it. I did not think I could survive with such a broken heart. I had never wanted anything more than to be your mommy. The pain was so intense, and I just could not see how I could ever be "me" again, because I was a happy person before and how could I ever be happy again without you here?

This has been the fastest year of my life. So much has happened in the last 365 days, but in many ways, I feel like we lost you just yesterday. I think because the memory of you is still so vivid. I will never forget the 21 weeks we had with you, and I will treasure the memories we made as a family, though there are not as many of them as I would have hoped.

It's hard for me to be too sad today, when your baby sister is kicking up a storm in my belly, making me smile with every move she makes. Since I know you played a part in sending her here, I wanted to say thank you... Thank you for allowing us to care for another baby as much as we care for you.

To my angel baby boy - thank you for making me a better person and a better mommy. We miss you buddy.

Love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you JBF! Take care of your mommy and sister!! xoxoxo Aunt Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always know how to say things so well. As I shed some tears reading this I know the exact feeling. You are an amazing Mommy... Hugs friend from Faith and I. xxoo Love Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much love to you and JBF! That was such a sweet note to him. I teared up :)

    ReplyDelete