Monday, September 19, 2011

Slowly learning how to be a parent

Not in the practical sense, but today, baby girl got the hiccups for the first time when I could *really* feel them. My whole belly was shaking. Such a cool experience!

And now I'm sitting here at my desk with the cheesiest smile on my face, thinking about how much pride I feel that my daughter knows how to hiccup already. I love literally every single thing she does, and I know it's only going to get more ridiculous when she's born. And now I get it. I get why parents have "brag books" and talk about their children whenever the opportunity arises. Even if no one else cares, I care, and that's all that matters.

Parental pride.... it's a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

  1. Now you understand how much I love to brag about you. Your are the sunshine and my "Lucky Star"
    Grandma Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "auntie" pride!!! When my mom was pregs with Casey, Casey got the hiccups all the time. It was funny. Maybe one day I'll brag about my kids' hiccups...:)

    I miss that your desk is not two blocks away from mine. Hopefully you're enjoying the change of scenery!! I need to see you and that baby ASAP!

    ReplyDelete