Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Showers bring... December babies??

I am horrible about taking pictures. No really, one of my New Year's resolutions is to get better at it. I have a good memory (I think?) but there's something so wonderful about capturing a moment in time via a digital copy. So thankfully I had some good friends on hand this past weekend to document the baby shower my sisters-in-law held for me and baby girl.

We actually had two baby showers in the month of October, but for some reason I can't get the pictures from my first shower to transfer from my phone to my computer. So once I become more technologically saavy, I'll make sure to update with those pictures too!

Update: I got a few!   Not sure why they're so small but here they are!

Pink-themed food, naturally
Amazing homemade candy apples for a take-away present
A "Christmas" Tree full of baby items, a nod to baby girl's due date :)

I was so overwhelmed with happiness, emotion, and gratitude on Saturday, for many reasons. First and foremost, I can't believe the caliber of friends and family I have. No one had to come, and no one had to bring a thing, but instead, they showered our little princess with literally every single thing she could possibly need for the first year of her life. Honestly, between the two showers, there is not ONE thing that I think she still needs. (Mommy might want to buy you some more embarrassing and ridiculous outfits, but those can wait) I just can't believe how many people truly care about me, my daughter, and our little family. It's so humbling, and appreciated more than they will ever know. I just wanted to hug every single person over and over again, because there's just no way for me to say thank you enough. I wish there was another word for thank you, because I feel so much more than thankful for having each and every one of you in my life.

Also, I just can't believe we've made it to this point. After everything we've been through over the last year and a half, I can't believe that my sweet little girl will be here in just two short months. I feel like it has taken an eternity to get here, but I am so grateful for the journey, because it has made me a better wife, a better mother, and that much more sure that I am SO READY to take this baby girl home with us.

Sometimes it's hard having such good looking friends ;-)
The living room was taken over by baby-ness
The belly dominates the picture. I am HUGE!! And I love everything about it :)
The lovely spread
The taco bar was a HUGE hit!! :)
My friend Kim made the coolest stroller/baby gift contraption I have ever seen. Warning: If you're my friend and pregnant, you are probably going to get one of these as my gift because it is just so cool!
Her first pair of jeans!
Wings for our angel :)
It's a Girl!!! :)
 

A cookie bar for the shower guests... all homemade because that's how Lindsay rolls
The aftermath
How could someone so tiny need so many things??? We are so grateful and BLESSED!
We can't wait to meet you sweet girl!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I love these. Thanks for sharing. I hope her birthday is 12/20...

    ReplyDelete