Friday, December 2, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

the little things we do
 1.   The holiday season is   a magical time that reminds us to be with the ones we love, reflect on the past year, think about what we are grateful for, and how things will change in the year to come.

2.   Snow makes me   giggly and happy faced. It adds to the "romance" of the holiday season... until New Years, and it turns black and slushy and gross and I'm so over it. I do enjoy watching snow fall while sitting by the fire, but it loses it's appeal after December.

3.  The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is    chili. I make turkey chili about once every 10 days in the winter, but Jon doesn't complain. Here's a super easy chili recipe I love that you can substitute any meat product (we even tried it with sirloin one time; I hated it, but my husband the carnivore thought it was great) .

4. Winter is the best time for    catching up on reading, sleep, and your DVR.... baby, it's cold outside!  

5.  I can hardly wait for    the birth of my daughter, sometime between now and Christmas :)

6.  When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to    give!!! I don't like coming up with a "list" of things for people to buy me. I don't need much, and if I really, really need something I go get it. It's so much more fun to come up with cool and unique ideas for friends and loved ones. Although Santa, if you're reading this, baby girl reallllly needs an iPad 2.

7.  If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a   well since my daughter is due on Christmas, I'd rate my excitement level at a 10, since she is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to us. I looked back at some of my posts from this time last year, and I just can't believe what a difference a year makes. I remember the sadness I felt as I typed out those words; I had always loved Christmas, but last year I was in no mood for celebrating. Somehow, the fact that our little one is due on Christmas does not seem like a coincidence....

Happy weekend everybody!

3 comments:

  1. First off, you are absolutely gorgeous! I just read your story about your little one Jack..so sorry for your loss. I'm so happy for you about your new baby girl coming so soon.

    I can't wait to meet you tomorrow at the meet up! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great answers! i am over the snow by mid january also :)

    congrats on your almost-here daughter!!! truly a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting one of the best Christmas gifts EVER!

    ReplyDelete