Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello friends!

We had a lovely, relaxing weekend. Like most (ok all) weekends, mine was consumed by playing with Emerson and keeping her happy.

Here's our weekend rundown in a nutshell:

Friday night: We did alot of cuddling. We got a report from the babysitter that Em might be getting bottom teeth. TEETH?!?! Only big girls get teeth. She wouldn't let me open her mouth enough to check myself, but, like the good mommy I am, I immediately whipped out the teething toy I've been wanting to try.

Have you met Sophie??

The most amount of money you'll ever spend on a chew toy, but I've heard over and over that it's like baby crack when your child is teething. It smells weird, and Jon said it tastes funny (yes, he tried it) but Em seems to like it so it's now a part of our lives and our living room.

Then we went to Babies 'R' Us, and Emerson is now the proud owner of the Fisher Kick and Play Piano. In other news, I am a sucker.


We had to stop in the "Mother's Room" for a quick feeding and diaper change, so we took the opportunity to have a photo shoot with mom and baby. In case you're wondering, yes, those are baby knee highs she's wearing. Probably the one and only time she'll wear them since her thighs are so chunky. BTW, chunky baby thighs are hands down the greatest thing on earth. Look.

While Jon and his dad were golfing, Em & I went shopping with Aunt Lindsay! She helped me pick out a necklace for Lin's wedding. This is my bridesmaids dress:
via Nordstrom
We went to Charming Charlie to find something purple and funky to go with it (I added the funky part-Lindsay just said pick whatever suits us best). I had it narrowed down to two choices, so I let Emerson pick the winner:

Must....get....sparkly....thing
Then on Sunday we went to Aunt Kenny's for a cookout. Emerson got to try on her Baby Gap jeans, but all she really cared about were her rainbow striped socks. Girlfriend STARED at them once she discovered her feet.

 
What up, yo?

She also had quite a bit to say about the NCAA tournament:



I also ran 5-6 (maybe 4?? We're really not sure) miles with Holly and Kristen. We are holding each other accountable for our food indulgences choices for the next week in an effort to eat better/healthier. We can do this ladies!!!!

And that was my weekend.

 Today I am coming to you live from JURY DUTY. I was summoned while back on maternity leave, so they postponed it until this week. I am keeping a running commentary today that I'll publish tomorrow. Let's just say it's been... interesting. Here's a hint: I probably have ebola.

No comments:

Post a Comment