Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day with my beautiful rainbow baby. It was low-key, and it was perfect.

It was hard to get through the weekend without a tugging ache in my heart though, because I couldn't stop thinking about my dear friend. She should be holding her brand new baby today. But she isn't.

I gave myself 5 minutes alone in the bathroom to shed some tears for Jack, and then I went into Emerson's room while she slept and held her so close. Her sweet angelic face, her perfect features, her tiny hands remind me of how blessed I am, and how blessed she is to have a guardian angel and big brother looking out for her always.

Life is so precious, and motherhood is the greatest gift I've ever been given. I know the consuming heartbreak my friend felt as her due date passed. I hope she knows that she is an amazing mother. I also hope that everyone who is a mom stopped to take a second yesterday to realize how lucky they are.
Because even with the crying, the sleepless nights, the stupid teenage fights, the bad decisions, the expenses, the headaches, the annoyances ..... there is someone out there who would die to have the chance to have someone call her "Mom."


4 comments:

  1. Aww such a sweet post. Happy 1st mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a touching post. You and your friend are so strong and are amazing mothers because of this. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thinking of me! I am so lucky to have a friend like you. I am so very glad that you had a nice Mother's Day, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete