Monday, June 11, 2012

Superfood challenge - OWNED!

Last week I posted about my challenge to eat all 8 superfoods every day for a week. You can read all about it here.

Well, since you care I'm here to tell you that I DID IT! Except one Friday when I didn't eat any beans, I ate every food every day.

The result? Well, I look the same. Hahahahaha. No, I didn't expect to have some magic transformation or to have a 6-pack. Losing 10lbs would have been cool, but I think I'd need food poisoning to achieve that in 7 days.

But what I did notice is that by incorporating all of the superfoods in to every meal, I basically eliminated all processed foods from my diet. And it was so easy! And cheap! I am obsessed and in love with quinoa now that I think I could eat it at every meal. Sauteed spinach is like dessert to me and I went back for seconds most nights. And don't even get me started on Greek yogurt. Ahhhhh, so good!

So the next question you might ask is..... Audra, are you going to stick to this???

Well ladies and gents, yes and no. Yes, in the future, I want to continue on this no-processed food thing. I really like it. But not this week......

Because I'll be in Vegas all week!!!!

I'm headed to a conference in Sin City, and though I do have several obligations during the day, I am suuuuuuuuuper pumped about the Las Vegas cuisine options. And Jon gets to come with me, which makes it even better! We figured this might be the last time the two of us will go on a trip alone for a very, very long time. I just know I want sushi, steak, and a seafood buffet. And a Bloody Mary. And to see the fountains at the Bellagio. And to play the slot machines. And to win $10 (or more).

(I know what you're thinking, and PLEASE don't remind me that Emerson is not coming with us. I have already cried several times and made my flight earlier just to minimize the time I'm away from my daughter. I am freaking out about it so I'm trying to focus on the fun I'll have with my husband and convincing myself that Emerson won't forget who I am and hate me forever because she feels abandoned. Can babies Skype???!?!?)

I'll probably be offline until Friday, but be on the lookout for some awesomely rad Vegas pictures. Unless of course I win it big, in which case I'll just pay someone to blog for me since I'll be so independently wealthy....

2 comments:

  1. omg awesome! and congratulations on the super foods, mama! Have a BLAST in vegas and yes, the fountains at the Bellagio... at night.. pure magic! And it's okay to be sad about leaving lil E... it's normal :) But this vacay with just the hubs will be perfect. Enjoy your time together !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun! You will miss E, but getting away is much needed. Have fun and spoil her with love when you get back. Excited to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete