Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7 months



My darling girl,

Do you ever have those moments when you really stop to take it all in and realize "HOLY COW. Where has the time gone????" I realize you don't now, but someday, when you're reading this an adult, I know you'll know what I mean.

When I put that little 7 month sticker on your outfit the other day, I was taken aback by the realization that you are almost a year old. You are closer to a year old than a newborn. That is just bananas.

This month has been amazing (as they all have of course). You continue to bring the utmost joy into our lives and the lives of those around you. Your smile is electric, and your face lights up at the simplest of things.
In 7 month huge, monumental, earthshattering news (at least to me), you cut your first teeth!!!! Yeah, one day you didn't have them and the next day I came home and your babysitter had pointed it out to daddy. That's right, something huge happened to you and I didn't even notice. And yes, you are still nursing, so I assumed I would be the very first person to know. Nope. You just sprouted those chompers like a champ, and *fingers crossed* did it without any crazy fussing or tears. I had braced myself for the scary "teething" stage, but you breezed through it like "NBD, I got this mommy." I'm so proud of you sweets!
I swear you are days away from walking. Not crawling. I think you've decided crawling is for babies, because when we put you on your belly, you'll do a bunch of yoga poses and play for awhile, but then you get tired and just roll over. If there's a toy you want across the room, you will literally roll to get it, rather than attempt crawling. I don't blame you though... you don't want to get your outfit dirty. I can empathize.
However, you love "walking" in which me or daddy take your hands and you take steps toward whatever conquest you would like to challenge next. You get SO excited, like you realize how cool walking is and just want to keep doing it. However, kiddo, you are only 7 months and very wobbly, plus you are my little baby and I am just not ready for you to be walking. Babies don't walk. I need more time!!!


 You love everything. If there is something within your reach, you will do whatever it takes to get it in your hands, and then promptly in your mouth. Hence why you are always surrounded with safe, sanitized toys (we call them "distractions") so you can have your cake and eat it too.
You are seriously, unequivocally, ridiculously, so gosh darn happy all the time. You just think everything is funny and enjoyable. I want to be like you when I grow up. One of my biggest hopes for you is that you never lose that smile, and that happiness that radiates from within. I just want you to be happy, this happy, always. Right now, you know nothing bad or sad. And it won't be like that forever, which I hate, but you'll also become even more of your own person with each experience, which I love.
 
You are still loving food, and you even drink out of a sippy cup now! I'm not sure how much actual water you get out of it (it can't be much) but you love using it so we'll keep that going! You've tried sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, peaches, apples, and zucchini. You love everything, which I hope continues because I love the idea that you'll have a natural craving for fresh fruits and veggies and tell me McDonalds sucks. A mom can dream can't she???
I say this every month, but I just wish I could freeze time so you could be like this forever. Every month, every stage daddy and I say "This is our favorite stage" but then each month gets trumped by the next. I am starting to realize that I'll love every month more than the one before, only because it's been one more month that I get to share my life with you. Which makes my life exponentially better than it was before you arrived (and it was pretty darn perfect before, so that's saying alot).

You are sweet. You are perfect. You are loved.

Love,

Momma

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, she is so cute! I remember getting a little wistful when I took the 7 month picture too. But I agree that every month does get better. ENJOY the calmness before she walks, because that is a gamechanger. Still fabulous, but nothing even close to calm anymore:o)

    I see Violet the dog and the walker back there- 2 of our favorite toys around here. We keep Violet in the car and she has provided many quiet car rides! She pulled herself up on that walked at 8 months, so I bet that is around the corner for you guys:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so FREAKING CUTE! those smiles just kill me, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big she is! Just.Precious.

    I am seeing more and more of Momma in her :)

    ReplyDelete