Monday, July 2, 2012

Grumpy


This pretty much sums up my mood today.

We lost power last night around 6:15pm, and my poor sweet girl was MISERABLE.

It was hot, sticky, and way too quiet. Everyone in our little family sleeps with a white noise machine playing all night long, and every single creek in the floorboards woke the poor girl up.

Finally, after 10:30pm and a overtired baby in her diaper and no pjs later, I packed a bag and headed to my sister's house, and we both managed to get some sleep. Her more than me... I'm working on about 4.5 hours, which I haven't felt since we did sleep training, and boy... I do NOT miss this sleep-deprived haze.

Still, we thrive on routine, and having to throw Em off her schedule gave me the mommy sads. She just looked so tired, but then this morning gave me huge smiles and cuddles, so I don't think she'll hold it against me.

So rather than complain for several more paragraphs, I'll just say that today I am grateful for:

- Cinnabon coffee creamer. Just as I am everyday.
- The employees of American Electric Power, for working their ASSESS off to restore power to 750,000 people in the eastern United States
- My Kindle Fire, for being the only source of light whilst packing my bag last night, because our one candle burned out and our phones were dead. Womp womp.
- Emerson, for being such a good sport and still smiling when all I wanted to do was cry
- My sister in law for being so accommodating when she was about to go in for a 12 hour overnight shift. I am so grateful that I am going to buy her a honeymoon to Bermuda. Oh wait... we already did that ;-) More on that later.

Hope those of you without power are hanging in there... then again, if you don't have power, you're probably not reading this, so you don't know that I feel for you.

Happy Monday! It's Monday.

3 comments:

  1. yay for in laws! We went camping this weekend and somehow missed it that the storm had come through until we were at the campground. It was a good thing because the one place you don't really expect to have power, we didn't have it. I was soo happy to come home and take a shower and sleep in my bed. My heart goes out to you guys with no power. I hope it gets turned on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rest of your Monday is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom has been camping out with us since Friday night. She only lives 2 minutes away and is still without power. I am just very thankful that we never lost power in either one of the storms.

    ReplyDelete