Monday, December 10, 2012

11 months

Dear baby girl,

Though we may have hosted your first birthday party this weekend (which was awesome), I am not going to talk about it AT ALL until I finish your 11 month post (which I've been writing for the last 3 weeks), because we need to go in chronological order, for posterity's sake at least.

11 months. Almost one year. These have been the fastest 11 months in my life, how about yours? Probably, since they're the only 11 months you've got, post-utero that is.

First things first: I don't know if anyone has ever been called "the greatest person ever" more than you. I swear we say it every day, usually more than once a day. You truly bring joy in our lives. I love that you're growing and changing every day, but I also want you to stay this way forever. You're just such a... what is the word? Delight? Joy? Bright star of love and happiness??? Whatever you call it, you just make our lives complete. You're happy ALL THE TIME. All the time. Except apparently when 25 people are watching you eat sugar (more on that later). I can be with you all day and you'll never fuss, unless you a) fall b) are hungry c) someone scares you. You have a 15 second rebound rate and then you're back to smiling again. Please don't lose that happiness. I love it so much. I wish I could bottle you up and sell you (I kid) because you're the best version of a mood lifter out there.

You're becoming so verbal! You say the following words: Mom, Dad, Nana (aka Banana), Cheese, No, Bye-Bye, Wee and Tat-oo (aka Thank You). Other than mama and dada, you have to be prompted before you say those words, either by us saying them or by seeing them (i.e. "NANNANANANANANANANA" when you see a banana on the counter) or when I say "Say cheese" and you say "Cheeeeeeeeeeese!" But still... I love your little voice! Too cute for words. Mama is still my favorite of your words though :) You also know the signs for More, Milk, Cheese, Banana, and can wave bye bye. You play peek-a-

I love how guilty you look here - may I never see this look from the ages of 12-21
All of sudden it seems like you're "talking" all the time. Always babbling something. You even sing!  You love singing in the car, or when you're cruising around the coffee table. I'm going to turn your gibberish into a new language because it's so awesome.

Most pediatricians would probably consider you "walking" at this point. If I set you down, you will walk to me. But you could take it or leave it at this point, because you still prefer crawling. Your personal record is 7 steps though - not too shabby! Mommy didn't learn to walk until she was 14 months old, so you are ahead of the game (hopefully it's a sign you didn't inherit my clumsiness too). You also enjoy climbing. On everything. Even things that you would think can't be climbed, somehow you find a way. You're fearless, and maybe not just because you know there's always someone right behind you.

 
You're still a great eater (just like me!) but for the life of me, I cannot get you to eat avocados or guacamole. You'll shovel broccoli in your mouth but you won't eat avocados. This makes daddy happy because he thinks it's a gross food. He's silly. I'll keep trying. You would also eat 7 bananas a day if we let you.

This was one of the hardest months for both of us as well - daddy was gone for 30 days (or as he puts it, 9% of your young life). You were still a happy baby every day, but I could tell the distance was getting to you. You just wanted mama all the time, because your buddy was gone and you were too little to understand why. Let's just say that the morning you were reunited will make me tear up for the rest of my life. I will never forget the look of recognition in your eyes, when you realized that order had been restored to your universe. And don't worry, I told daddy he is never allowed to leave you ever again. I hope you enjoy living at home for the rest of your life, because I don't think either of us will ever be willing to be away from you. I hope that's okay. (I kid kind of).

You love everything, and think everything is interesting. When does that go away? I hope never. Take your new friend Balloony for example. Skye said you played with him for hours. I wish anything could hold my attention for that long.

I can't wait to tell you more about your birthday party. It's funny how someone so small can be so loved by everyone around her. And I have a feeling that will never change.

Stay sweet princess.

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

  1. This post made me cry. Seriously. I had to gather myself to type this. I think hormones have gotten the best of me, but seriously E is so so so cute! The way you write about her is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete