Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World?

Well, 12/21/12 is here... and so am I. Still. Awesome!

No, I didn't think the world was ending, but after last Friday's horrible tragedy (which I can't even talk, write or think about without crying - yep, here they come), and with Christmas being right around the corner, I am taking a few minutes today to count my blessings.

When I started this blog two years ago, I just wanted Christmas to quickly pass by with no acknowledgement. But then my sweet, sweet hubby surprised me with this, and I saw a glimmer of hope that maybe someday Christmas would be a happy time for me again.

Then last year, we received the greatest gift that any two people could ever receive.

And now this year, we have our beautiful, perfect 1 year old daughter, and another healthy baby on the way. My heart is full, my life is blessed, and I try to take a minute every day to appreciate how wonderful my life is.

Life can change in an instant. Though I'd like to believe since I've lived through the worst, only good things will happen to me or my family, but unfortunately that has not proven to be true.

So today, and this week, and hopefully from now on, I'm hugging my loved ones a little tighter. We have no idea if and when any of the good things in life will be taken away, so I'm going to enjoy every little moment I have left.

And just in case a giant meteor crashes to Earth in the next 15 hours, I'm gonna go have a cookie for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! You are such an inspiration that even when life throws you a curveball, it always manages to straighten things back up. I am so glad I found you in blog world. I'm having a cookie too dangit!

    ReplyDelete