Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: The SleepEasy Solution Online


You guys!!!

If you've read my blog for awhile, you know about my obsession with sleep training. Well, obsession might be the wrong word. How about my "passion for teaching my children how to be good sleepers and set them up for a lifetime of good sleep habits." Sounds legit.

The Sleepeasy Solution absolutely, positively changed my life as a parent. Read more about that here.


We used the Sleepeasy method 18 months ago with Emerson and it's STILL working. She is the easiest sleeper. Anyone can lay her down at naptime or nighttime and she either plays around and falls asleep or conks out immediately. No crying. No begging or pleading her to sleep. No bargaining. Nope. The girl just loves sleep. This is VERY different from her first 5 months of life, and I completely credit the Sleepeasy Solution for that. It is my #1 recommended baby item, hands down.

You have no idea how liberating it is to be able to lay my child down at night and know that she loves her crib, will be asleep for 11-12 hours, and will wake up rested and ready to face the day. It's been especially critical these last few weeks with Anna being sick. Emerson has had a lot of babysitters, and she lays right down no matter who is at her bedside. It was one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about while I was gone. Good sleeper = happy mommy = happy family. Everybody wins.



So you can imagine my utter delight when Jen from MomAssembly contacted me to review their new online course for the Sleepeasy Solution. I seriously felt honored, because this is one product that I can stand behind 100%. How often can we say that?

The review I wrote about the book is by far the most viewed page on my blog, which tells me there are a TON of sleep-deprived parents out there. Don't worry, new friends from Google! I was/am one of them!! And I am here to change your life! *Well, they are. They're the ones who developed this system, after all. I'm just here to tell you about how they changed mine.* 

Even though I've read the Sleepeasy Solution cover to cover more times than I care to admit, it was so fascinating to watch the creators of this method explain and showcase it in even greater detail. I didn't think there was any way I could learn more from it, because I swear I could recite the book from memory, but I was so wrong. Lots and lots of new tips and tricks came out of the session, as if Jennifer and Jill were in my living room, coaching me through the process.

One big takeaway for me from the online course was the reasoning and rationale behind sleep training. Sleep training of any kind can be somewhat controversial. The part that sold me the first time was knowing that every night, Emerson cried for probably a total of an hour every night from wake-ups, resistance to sleep, crying before bed, etc. If that was still happening, she'd have cried for 540 hours over the last 18 months. Using the Sleepeasy Solution, she cried a total of less than 5 hours over the course of 5 days, and now it's over. 5 or 540? 5 days of struggle for a lifetime of good sleep? I'll take it.

As Jennifer and Jill explain, this is a behavioral-based sleep training program built on a foundation of love. We train our kids to ride their bikes and tie their shoes; sleep training is just like that, but it's even more important because sleep is such a critical component of the health of a young child. It's just as important as food and water because it restores their cells and allows them to grow. And don't forget that good sleep for the child means better sleep for the parents, which in turn makes a happier, healthier family.

They go over the entire process step-by-step, answering any little questions along the way, and giving you a visual demonstration of their techniques, which was SO helpful. And when we're ready to sleep train Anna some day, I can re-watch the course anytime so I can re-focus myself, knowing I am doing what I believe is the best thing for our family.

I mean, just look at these well-rested babies. So worth a few tough nights, amiright?


The online course is perfect for anyone out there who wants to watch the series and come away empowered to take on sleep training. I dare you to take the course and come away from it thinking anything other than "YES! I can do this. WE can do this, and pretty soon, that long stretch of sleep from my childless days will be within my reach."

To sign up for the course (for yourself or for a fellow sleep-deprived zombie), you can go here:


While you're there and feeling motivated, you should also check out some of the other MomAssembly courses. Because once your well-rested baby gets a little older, you have other battles ahead. One word: Toddlers.

Please let me know if you have any questions - I am always happy to help with this because, for the millionth time, this book changed my life.



post signature

post signature

1 comment: