Friday, November 1, 2013

Breathing

My baby can breathe!!

What a ridiculous statement, because obviously breathing is one of those things that is critical to, you know, being alive and all, but my sweet Anna can finally REALLY TRULY breathe!

She went in for her third surgery in less than 6 weeks, and she did great! We got here on Wednesday and we're being discharged today! Our shortest stay at Children's Hospital ever, and hopefully our last ever.

You wouldn't believe the transformation. Right after surgery, even though she was still sleepy, you could see Anna's chest rising and falling so much. It was as if she couldn't comprehend how much air was going into her lungs. So sweet.

And eating... whoa! It makes me sad to think she's been eating her whole life with only one good nostril. Man she is a quick eater now! No wonder she had such a hard time with bottles! 

As an experiment, because I'm her mom and I want to show solidarity, I tried drinking and eating while plugging one side of my nose. It freaking sucked, and I made it about 5 minutes. Poor thing! But it's over now, and she finally gets to experience the sweet sweet joy of fresh air for the first time in her life. Oh the things we take for granted. I feel like everyday I should wake up, take a deep breath, and have a good day because I've made it that far.

So, to insert randomness, because my blog is nothing if not random, I laid awake until about midnight last night trying to come up with a list of popular songs that have the words breathe or breathing in the title or lyrics. Because I am a huge loser.

And here we are:

Michelle Branch, Breathe (the one currently stuck in my head)
Anna Nalick, Breathe
Maroon 5, Harder to Breathe
Matt Kearney, Breathe In Breathe Out
Lifehouse, Breathing
Faith Hill, Breathe
Bush, Machinehead
It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing, Shania Twain
Duncan Sheik, Barely Breathing

That's alot of songs. I know there are more. Clearly this means breathing is cool. And now our whole family can do it! YAY!



post signature

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Duncan Sheik! That was my jammer! So glad little one is doing better :)

    ReplyDelete